The Coe Review seeks the best poetry and fiction from both published and unpublished authors. We recommend perusing our past issues to see the type of work we publish each year.
- We accept poetry from June 1 to October 25.
- We accept fiction from October 26 to March 18.
- Submissions may either be e-mailed or sent via snail mail.
- Please include “Fiction Submission” or “Poetry Submission” in your subject line if submitting electronically.
- Please include your name in the header of the submission.
- Please include your street address so we can easily mail contributors’ copies to those published
- All e-mail submissions must be sent in a Word document. (PDF is also acceptable. Those not submitted as an attachment will not be considered.) Please submit each piece in an individual document.
- Writers will be contacted via e-mail unless a self-addressed, stamped envelope is enclosed with their submission.
- Poetry submissions may consist of up to three (3) poems. Fiction submissions should not exceed 7500 words.
- We cannot be responsible for lost manuscripts.
- We respond to all submitted pieces of poetry and fiction during (or before) the months of November and April, respectively.
1220 First Ave. NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
We also accept COVER ART submissions for both our fiction and poetry issues.
- We accept image and photograph submissions from February 1 to March 18 for our fiction issue and from September 1 to October 25 for our poetry issue.
- Images should be of acceptably high quality. Those chosen are normally sized to be about 9″ by 6 1/2″ for the publication.
- JPEG (or PDF) files are accepted.
- You may submit up to five (5) images.
- All submissions must be emailed.